The face and future of cosmetic surgery are constantly changing, thanks to major advances in technology. Now, plastic surgeons are often swapping the scalpel for the laser. And although both demand a superior level of artistry and technical skill from surgeons, the laser offers patients many advantages.
With little to no downtime, far less discomfort, and equally beautiful outcomes, it’s easy to see why laser treatments are the future of cosmetic surgery. See infographic below.
What can different laser treatments do for your skin?
Lasers can do an almost unbelievable range of things for your physical appearance. They can eliminate the unsightly redness caused by rosacea, and treat other forms of skin discoloration. Laser treatments can smooth away wrinkles and fine lines. They can remove hair, leaving skin silky-smooth for good.
Today’s lasers can treat burst blood vessels and spider veins. They can eliminate or reduce the appearance of those unsightly stretch marks. They can even resurface your skin, revealing a more healthy, glowing layer under the surface.
The Future of Cosmetic Surgery: Different Types of Laser Treatments
There’s more than one kind of laser skin rejuvenation, so remember to confirm the details about each option with a cosmetic surgeon to decide which laser is best for you.
Fractional Laser Treatments
Fractional lasers intentionally treat your skin while leaving many tiny areas within the treated region alone; this reduces complications and downtime, and creates an even result:
- The Fraxel laser offers fractionated, non-ablative laser skin resurfacing and is ideal for correcting uneven skin tone, stretch marks, and fine lines
- The Total FX fractionated ablative CO2 laser is a powerful skin resurfacing treatment, perfect for wrinkle treatment, skin discoloration including age spots, large pores, skin texture, and uneven skin
Titan Laser Treatments
Titan Laser delivers energy to the inner layer of the skin, the deep dermis, to tighten skin by stimulating collagen growth:
- The IPL Photofacial laser uses pulsed laser light to target large pores, poor texture, and sun damaged pigment spots
- The Harmony Laser uses pulsed laser light to tighten the skin and stimulate collagen production, making it a great choice for treating poor texture, sun damage, and large pores
Finally, there are multiple laser options for laser hair removal and laser vein removal including cherry hemangiomas, superficial veins, and facial redness from rosacea or flushing.
Plastic Surgery Treatments: BodyTite VS FaceTite
Whereas most lasers can be performed by trained medical staff, BodyTite and FaceTite scarless techniques require the expertise of a plastic surgeon:
- The BodyTite and FaceTite systems use a bipolar directionally-accurate, radio frequency-based technology that is a fantastic alternative to traditional plastic surgery
- The InMode system… precisely targets your problem areas and uses the tool to “shrink wrap” and contract fat, skin, and subcutaneous tissue
Future of Cosmetic Surgery: Benefits of BodyTite Treatments
The benefits of BodyTite are numerous. It is minimally invasive and requires far less downtime than traditional surgery. This is in part because it only requires local sedation. A completely scarless technique, it heals faster with less pain and bruising.
This alternative to traditional arm lift, thigh lift, and tummy tuck surgeries doesn’t just remove fat and tissue. It actually liquefies and removes fat while shrinking other tissues and tightening skin laxity by up to 37%.
The result is an immediate improvement that gets better for months afterward.
Future of Cosmetic Surgery: Benefits of FaceTite Treatments
FaceTite is just as impressive, shrinking and contracting fat, skin, and subcutaneous tissue with absolute precision. It is perfect for facial use because it carries virtually no risk of skin burns with it.
And because it can cleanly target and treat sagging along the neck and jawline, the effect is similar to a lower facelift. With only local sedation needed and no incisions, you’re also guaranteed to experience less downtime—a serious benefit.
The future of cosmetic surgery is already here in the form of laser treatments. Schedule your consultation today to learn which of the wide range of laser treatments is best for your specific goals.
Latest posts by Dr. Gilbert Lee (see all)
- Are Laser Treatments Really the Future of Cosmetic Surgery? - February 22, 2018