Pearls since time immemorial have enticed women of all backgrounds with its magical qualities. Its shimmering colors have won the hearts of queens and celebrities alike. A pearl is a June birthstone, which makes it even more special for women born in this particular month.
Broadly speaking, there are four types of pearls; freshwater, Akoya, South Sea and Tahitian.
Among the four, Akoya, South Sea and Tahitian orphic gems are quite expensive. Whereas freshwater sea gems are extremely affordable as it does not command great price. Orphic gems are graded in A, AA, AA+ and AAA ratings; AAA being the highest quality. Most of the high quality sea gems are cultured in saltwater. Freshwater orphic gems tend to have blemishes and are rarely round in perfect round shape. But freshwater orphic gems offer craftsmen an array of shapes and colors to design trendy and casual adornments.
The grading of sea gems is based on luster, shape, color, size, surface blemishes etc.
Orphic gems are formed when a foreign object like sand particle enters an oyster. The oyster instantly secretes nacre, an organic compound around the irritant to protect its sensitive inner lining.
Pearl earrings are part of pearl jewelry. Unlike bracelet or ring which remains hidden, an earring is a piece of adornment that is visible all the time. A pearl earring enhances a woman’s beauty; it makes her look elegant, graceful and charming. Over a period of time a pair of pearl earring becomes an integral component of a woman’s jewelry box.
Below mentioned are some of the popular pearl earring designs.
- Stud – Studs are classic beauties. They are timeless, graceful and high on simplicity.
- Hoop – This design gives the wearer a classy look.
- Cluster – A cluster design looks rich, gorgeous and authoritative.
- Drop or Dangle – These designs are good for formal occasions.
- Find the Perfect Set of Pearls at The Pearl Source - August 5, 2013
- Add Elegance to Your Look with Exotic Pearl Earrings - August 5, 2013
- How to Wear Pearl Jewelry - June 25, 2013